To create a finished color pencil painting by referring a pictures.
Hobbyist, business executives, housewives and kids age 7 years onward.
- Check students’s portfolio, teaching methodology and FAQs at Art Education web page.
- Medium: Colored pencils and soft pastels.
- Fundamentals: Tools, techniques, color theory, form shading, color mixing, color gradation, layering and texture.
- Analysis: Grid and posterization, find edges of the reference picture.
- Sketch & drawing: Draw and sketch using grid methodology.
- Coloring: Define source of light, form (mid tone, highlights, dark tone), cast shadow, direction of gradation and fixative.
Approximately 10 hours of classroom time, spread across 1 month, which further depends upon the time-spent by the participant on the home assignments. After completing the above scope, the participant may continue with more advance topics and engage in creating professional level artist portfolio.
4 sessions per month, where each session is for 2+ hour, at a mutually agreed day and time. Depending upon the schedule, a participant may consume more sessions, in less number of days say 4 sessions in a week, or 4 sessions in a fortnight etc.
Home Assignments & Doubt Clearing Sessions
The home assignments and the related reference pictures will be shared after each classroom session. Home assignments and self-practice are critical for the success of the course and will tentatively consume triple the classroom time. Prior to next class, the participant will have regular interaction, along with quick doubt clearing sessions. The participant will submit the practice sheets, and the faculty will evaluate the submitted sheets, and suggest the area of improvement to the participant to act upon.