To create graphite and charcoal pencil portraits from imagination, without using a referring picture –
- Front portrait, male and female
- Side portrait, male and female
Professionals, hobbyist, business executives, housewives and kids age 7+.
Check students’s portfolio, teaching methodology and FAQs at Art Education web page.
- Medium: Graphite and charcoal pencil.
- Sketch, drawing and shading fundamentals: Drawing and shading tools, techniques and methods, source of light, concept of light & shadow, cast shadow, form shading (mid tone, high lights & dark tone) and direction of the gradation.
- Eyes: Eyeball, construction method, eye socket, iris, pupil, upper lid, lower lid, walls of lower lids, lashes, brow, tear duct, reflection and shading.
- Nose: Construction method and shading.
- Lips: Construction method and shading.
- Hair: Volume, layering, texture and shine.
- Face profile: Skull, cranial and jaw.
- Front & side pose: Male and female face anatomy, integration, composition, placement of eyes, nose, lips, ears, jaw, hairline in the framework of face.
- Shading: Define source of light, form (mid tone, highlights, dark tone), cast shadow, gradation and texture.
Approximately 8 hours of classroom time, spread across 4 weeks, which further depends upon the time-spent by the participant on the home assignments.
4 sessions per month, where each session is for 2+ hour, at a mutually agreed day and time. Depending upon the schedule, a participant may consume more sessions, in less number of days say 4 sessions in a week, or 4 sessions in a fortnight etc.
Home Assignments & Doubt Clearing Sessions
The home assignments and the related reference pictures will be shared after each classroom session. Home assignments and self-practice are critical for the success of the course and will tentatively consume triple the classroom time. Prior to next class, the participant will have regular interaction, along with quick doubt clearing sessions. The participant will submit the practice sheets, and the faculty will evaluate the submitted sheets, and suggest the area of improvement to the participant to act upon.
There are no reviews yet.