To create a finished Oil painting by referring to a landscape, paint from still life or portrait pictures.
Hobbyists, business executives, housewives, and kids aged 7 years onward.
Check students’ portfolios, teaching methodologies and FAQs at Art Education web page.
- Medium: Oil color.
- Art supplies: Oil colors, prepare the canvas, palette setup, medium i.e. solvents and oil, brushes, palette knife etc.
- Fundamentals: Color theory, basic and extended color palette, color mixing rules, color lifting, and medium rules.
- Drawing: Grid or free-hand drawing from reference pic.
- Paint: Fat over lean layering technique, gradation (i.e. shadow, light dark tones, mid/half-tones, light mid-tones, highlights, and reflected light), impasto, and texture.
- Fixative: re-touch varnish and final varnish.
Approximately 10 hours of classroom time, spread across 1 month, which further depends upon the time spent by the participant on the home assignments.
6 sessions per month, where each session is for 2+ hours, at a mutually agreed day and time.
Home Assignments & Doubt Clearing Sessions
The home assignments and related reference pictures will be shared after each classroom session. Home assignments and self-practice are critical for the success of the course and will tentatively consume triple the classroom time. During the week, participants will have regular interaction along with quick doubt-clearing sessions. Prior to the next class, the participant will submit the practice sheets, and the faculty will evaluate the submitted sheets, and suggest the area of improvement for the participant to act upon.