Learn to sketch, draw and paint fashion illustrations, from memory and reference pictures.
Hobbyists and professionals such as NIFT students, fashion designers, and boutique owners.
Check students’ portfolios, teaching methodology, and FAQs on the Art Education web page.
- Medium: Graphite pencil, charcoal pencil, color pencil, watercolor, acrylic colors, highlighter, pen, and mixed media.
- Fundamentals of visual art: Pencil handling, shapes, forms, modification of forms, hybrid forms, wire-frame, light & shadow, value & texture (smooth, rough, transparent, and glossy). Drawing from reference using grid techniques, drawing from reference using template technique & drawing from memory. Color theory, skin tones, source of the light, form (mid-tone, highlights, dark tone), cast shadow, and direction of gradation & color schemes. 1, 2 & 3 point perspective, space / depth & principle of design. Sketch & draw fashion objects from still life, using graphite, charcoal, and colored pencils.
- Face: Eyes, nose, lips, ear, hair, front pose, side pose, 3/4 pose, male and female.
- Body proportions: Skeleton, muscles for the female and male body.
- Torso: Neck, shoulder, chest, waist, and pelvic.
- Legs & arms: Thigh, calf, ankle, feet, upper arms, forearms, and hands.
- Dynamics of human anatomy: Front, side, three quarter, back pose, gestures, balance, contrapposto, and walk dynamics.
- Drapery/cloth folds: Pipe, zigzag, spiral, half lock, diaper, drop, moving, and inert.
- Dynamics of folds: Compressed, stretched, twisted, environment, gravity, point of tension (1, 2, linear), shape underneath, support, motion, cloth type, and pattern/printing.
- Cloth type and pattern: Texture, smooth, rough, transparent, and opaque.
- Digital: Demo and pointers to the digital software, tools, and apps. This is a separate course and not included in the Fashion Illustration course.
- Portfolio: For the portfolio i.e. final fashion figures illustrations & fashion objects, we will provide passive assistance.
Approximately 65+ hours of classroom time, spread across 4+ months, which further depends upon the time spent by the participant on the home assignments.
8 sessions per month, where each session is for 2+ hours, at a mutually agreed day and time. Depending upon the schedule, a participant may consume more sessions, in less number of days say 4 sessions in a week or 4 sessions in a fortnight etc.
Home Assignments & Doubt Clearing Sessions
The home assignments and the related reference pictures will be shared after each classroom session. Home assignments and self-practice are critical for the success of the course and will tentatively consume triple the classroom time. Prior to the next class, the participant will have regular interaction, along with quick doubt clearing sessions. The participant will submit the practice sheets, and the faculty will evaluate the submitted sheets, and suggest the area of improvement to the participant to act upon.
There are no reviews yet.