Learn to sketch, draw and paint fashion illustrations, from memory.
Hobbyist and professionals such as NIFT students, fashion designers and boutique owners.
Check students’s portfolio, teaching methodology and FAQs at Art Education web page.
- Medium: Color theory, color pencil, watercolor, markers and pen.
- Fundamentals of visual art: Basic forms, modification of basic forms, light & shadow, value & texture, free hand drawing techniques, drawing from reference as well as from memory, sketch & draw fashion object from still life, using graphite, charcoal and colored pencils.
- Color & shading fundamentals: Color theory, skin tones, source of light, form (mid tone, highlights, dark tone), cast shadow and direction of gradation.
- Face: Eyes, nose, lips, ear, hair, front pose, side pose, 3/4 pose, male and female.
- Body proportions: Skeleton, muscles, female and male.
- Torso: Neck, shoulder, chest, waist and pelvic.
- Legs & arms: Thigh, calf, ankle, feet, upper arms, forearms and hands.
- Dynamics of human anatomy: Front, side, three quarter, back pose, gestures, balance, contrapposto and walk dynamics.
- Drapery / cloth folds: Pipe, zigzag, spiral, half lock, diaper, drop, moving and inert.
- Dynamics of folds: Compressed, stretched, twisted, environment, gravity, point of tension (1, 2, linear), shape underneath, support, motion and cloth type.
- Cloth type and pattern: Texture, smooth, rough, transparent and opaque.
Approximately 30 hours of classroom time, spread across 4+ months, which further depends upon the time-spent by the participant on the home assignments.
4 sessions per month, where each session is for 2+ hour, at a mutually agreed day and time. Depending upon the schedule, a participant may consume more sessions, in less number of days say 4 sessions in a week, or 4 sessions in a fortnight etc.
Home Assignments & Doubt Clearing Sessions
The home assignments and the related reference pictures will be shared after each classroom session. Home assignments and self-practice are critical for the success of the course and will tentatively consume triple the classroom time. Prior to next class, the participant will have regular interaction, along with quick doubt clearing sessions. The participant will submit the practice sheets, and the faculty will evaluate the submitted sheets, and suggest the area of improvement to the participant to act upon.